San Diego, CA (Jan 17, 2012) – VUE Audiotechnik will use next week’s NAMM convention to show off the first product in their new al-Class of professional loudspeakers. The al-4 Subcompact Line Array System combines advanced technologies such as a beryllium compression driver, Kevlar/Neo LF transducers, and precision amplification and DSP with an ultra-compact and scalable design capable of addressing a whole new world of applications.
The al-4 Line Array System includes the al-4 Acoustic Element and the rack-mount V4 Systems Engine. The compact al-4 Acoustic Element measures just 18.9 x 5.5 x 10.3 inches (WxHxD) and weighs a svelte 18 lbs. Drivers are loaded in an M-T-M (LF-HF-LF) configuration for symmetrical horizontal consistency. Two 4-inch Kevlar cone neodymium woofers flank a VUE-designed, 1-inch exit neodymium compression driver with a Truextent® beryllium diaphragm. The beryllium compression driver is mounted to a precision waveguide delivering 90° of horizontal coverage.
The 2U rack-mount V4 Systems Engine is a 2-in/4-out configuration capable of powering up to eight al-4 elements with two channels at 1600W each for the low frequency and two channels at 550W each for the high frequency (pure, sine wave rating). The V4 also handles all system management including speaker protection, and system-optimized alignment of EQ, time and crossover functions.
The V4 Systems Engine includes networking capabilities as standard, allowing easy access to each element and/or device on the network through VUE’s intuitive SystemVUE software.
“We designed the al-4 to be easily scalable and extremely versatile, allowing it to open new applications for line array technology,” explained Ken Berger, VUE’s co-founder and CEO. “The al-4 functions more like full-scale line arrays. Vertical coverage is limited only by the number of elements and their configuration, rather than by the physical limitations found in many compact line array designs. With our al-4, scaling up is simply a matter of adding more elements.”
The al-4 Subcompact Line Array System is sold in standard “blocks”, with a single V4 Systems Engine and eight al-4 Acoustic Elements comprising a single block. Multiple al-4 blocks can be combined to address larger applications. For applications where extended low frequency is required, the al-4 is fully compatibile with a variety of VUE subwoofers. Flexible rigging options allow flying, ground stacking, and pole mounting on stands or atop VUE subwoofers.
- Ultra-compact and versatile: Create arrays of varying sizes—from small portable systems to up to 16-element high output arrays
- VUE-designed transducers: Each al-4 Acoustic Element features dual 4-inch Kevlar cone neodymium LF transducers and a 1-inch exit neodymium compression driver with Truextent® beryllium diaphragm.
- V4 systems engine: A 2-in/4-out configuration providing 1600W x 2 LF, and 550W x 2 HF (pure, sine wave power), as well as 64-bit system management including speaker protection, and system-optimized alignment of EQ, time and crossover functions.
- Standard IP for easy eetworking: Fully compatible with standard IP networks. Simply plug in, and the system will automatically connect to virtually any kind of IP configuration
- SystemVUE software: Mac and Windows compatible SystemVUE software provides access to all VUE devices on the network as well as device level parameters such as speaker protection, input/output levels, volume, mute, delay and even input sources.
- Portable and flying accessories: Optional accessories for portable and larger scale touring or install applications.
- Flybar holds up to 16 al-4 Acoustic Elements
- U-bracket can accommodate up to four al-4 elements mounted on stands or pole-mounted atop VUE subwoofers
- Ground stacking kit enables ground-based arrays built using VUE subwoofer
- Road case for touring or portable applications holds four al-4 elements and a single flybar