The VUEDrive™ Systems Engines provide VUE loudspeakers with a sophisticated, networked DSP and amplifier solutions that enable optimal performance when combined with almost any VUE loudspeaker system. The VUEDrive™ Systems Engines combine next-generation DSP technology, onboard SystemVUE networking, and powerful, high-efficiency class D into a 2U rack mount chassis. The line consists of three models, including the 2-in/4-out V4, the 2-in/6-out V6 as well as the 1-in/3-out V3. Both the V4 and V6 are available in either touring configuration (with front panel LCD interface) or installation configuration (without front panel LCD interface).
- 2U rack-mount amplifier/DSP processors optimized for VUE loudspeaker systems
- Optional front panel controllable LCD/Encoder (touring) and Install (no LCD, remote software control only) versions available
- 96k Hz sample rate, mixed-mode 64-bit DSP and ultra-premium converters provide 120 dB of dynamic range
- Extremely low latency of less than 1ms (typical is 640 microsecond)
- Maximum input level of +23dB allows for easy interface with any professional system
- Fully accessible real-time monitoring via SystemVUE software
- Optional front panel LCD and non-LCD (install) versions available
- Control each input level and delay (up to 2,000 milliseconds)
- Intelligent DSP monitoring and protection of amplifier functions including over power, voltage or temperature
- New Dante network audio inputs standard (existing units are upgradeable)
- Smart input detection circuit automatically falls back to analog if AES digital signal or DANTE signal fails
- Universal integrated UREC™ mains power supply (85-268V) works anywhere in the world
NEXT GENERATION DSP
At the heart of the VUEDrive™ Systems Engines is a powerful and fully customized integrated circuit that handles all processing and system management, including speaker protection, system-optimized alignment of EQ, time and crossover functions, as well as configuration settings and SystemVUE network capabilities. This sophisticated DSP circuit is used across multiple VUE product classes, including the h-Class powered loudspeakers. This consistency ensures that VUE DSP and networking functionality is identical regardless of product class, and that different VUE product classes can be easily networked together.
The rugged analog input stage accepts input voltages of up to 10V RMS (+22dBu) thus matching any source on the market today, and feeds of the best converters available on the market today coupled with precision analogue components and circuits, raising the definition bar to the levels of high-end esoteric Hi-FI audio systems.
In addition, VUE’s powerful DSP architecture makes it easy for our engineers to expand VUEDrive’s configuration programming so that the V3, V4 and V6 Systems Engines can be optimized for use with an ever-expanding selection of VUE Audiotechnik loudspeakers. From the simplest i-Class configurations, to the most advanced al-Class-based flying rigs, the VUEDrive™ Systems Engines are tightly integrated with all VUE Audiotechnik product classes for optimal sonic performance and simplified setup.
VUEDrive Systems Engines ship with SystemVUE networking capabilities already onboard. There’s no need for additional cards or retrofitting. The SystemVUE network connects any VUE DSP-enabled product to a Mac or Windows computer via a wired or wireless Ethernet connection. And because SystemVUE networking technology is compatible with standard IP protocols, users simply plug-in, and the product will automatically recognize and connect to virtually any kind of IP configuration, including DHCP based networks, a fixed IP network, or even an ad hoc network (directly connecting to a computer via Ethernet cable). Whatever the configuration, it just works.
Once connected, the companion SystemVUE software allows user to access any single unit, or entire networks of them, through a highly intuitive user interface. Device and network specific windows make optimizing and monitoring easy, with controls for input/output levels, volume, mute, delay, input source and the ability to monitor a broad list of parameters.
POWERFUL INTEGRATED CLASS D AMPLIFICATION
VUEDrive Systems Engines benefit from highly efficient Class D amplifier circuitry, which allows for massive output and headroom from an extremely compact form factor while producing significantly less heat than more conventional designs. This allows the 2U-sized V3, V4 and V6 to deliver impressive amounts of pure, clean power while maintaining a “cool composure” under the most demanding conditions. From there we add a lightweight, fully protected switch mode power supply with auto voltage detection for hassle-free worldwide operation. Self-protection circuitry includes input limiter, short-circuit protection, DC protection of output, under and over voltage protection, intelligent mains fuse protection, power stage overload protection, and temperature protection of both transformers and heat-sinks.
The V4 Systems Engine is a 2-in/4-out configuration that supplies an impressive two channels at 1600W for the low-frequency, and an additional two channels at 550W for the high frequency. The 2-in/6-out V6 Systems Engine retains the v4’s svelte 2U chassis, but adds two more amplifier channels. V6 output includes two channels at 2500W for the low-frequency, two at 800 W for the mid frequencies, and two at 800W for the high frequencies. The V6 can also be software configured to provide four channels at 2,500 watts for specialized applications. The new V3 designed for use with the al-12 system features 1-in/ 3-out channels, providing 1600 watts sine wave or 4000 watts burst for each of the low and mid frequency channels, and 500 watts sine wave / 1000 watts burst for the high frequencies.
Software Support Page
SystemVUE 3.8.5 (includes Firmware Updates for VUEDrive™ Systems Engines along with factory files)
SystemVUE 3.8.5 32-Bit Windows Installer
SystemVUE 3.8.5 64-Bit Windows Installer
SystemVUE 3.8.5 OS X Installer
V4-Factory File Update for use with SystemVUE & Firmware Version 3.6.9 6-24-14
DSP Specs & Amplifier TIM Data
- 120dB dynamic range
- 64 bits digital processing
- Frequency range 10Hz to 40kHz
- Maximum DSP latency 640 microseconds (0.64 millisecond)
- Input gain up to +12dB
- 10 parametric filters per input Parametric filters can be set as Bell, High Shelf, Low Shelf, Notch, Allpass
- Software controlled Phase inversion on each input
- 2s (2000 millisecond) delay in 10 us resolution on each input
- Pre-configured ouptut True RMS Compressor and Zero-attack Peak Limiter
- Input level, Nominal: +6dBu, Maximum: +22dBu
- OS-X, Windows (iOS coming soon) SystemVUE software
- Software controlled front panel lock-out
Amplifier TIM Data